2014 Stock Car Stampede Sept 19 & 20
The most exciting weekend of motorsports in Jamestown is here! The 43RD Annual Stock Car Stampede. This year's event follows the traditional format of heats for all 7 CLASSES onFriday beginning at 7:00 PM. Consolation races and Feature races will be Saturday at 5:00. Classes scheduled are noted below, the noticeable changes from last year are NO Hornets and the addition of the IMCA Modifieds. The format and class structure for the Stock Car Stampede has proven successful in recent years and we're hoping this year is no different! The goal remains to have two days of good, hard, fast, clean racing, mixed with some camping, cookouts, and hanging with old friends. This is one event you want to be a part of!
250-300 drivers expected in these 7 classes:
Jamestown Speedway Pure Stocks
WISSOTA Street Stocks
WISSOTA Midwest Modifieds
WISSOTA Super Stocks
WISSOTA Late Models
Driver Calcutta Auction Thursday at 6:00 PM.
The event unofficially kicks off Thursday night at 6:00 PM with the Driver Calcutta Auction in the beer gardens building just south of the grandstands. If you've never seen a Calcutta auction you'll want to check this out. A quick explanation of the Calcutta auction is drivers in each class are divided into pairs, then those pairs are auctioned off and bidders determine their value by how likely they are to win. Proceeds from the auction are split between the winning bidder, competitors in the class, and a local charity, in this case the Anne Carlsen Center.
Quick Facts About the Week & Weekend:
Race Format: Heats for all classes on Friday. Consi's and Features on Saturday.
Pit Opens: 10:00AM Friday
Draw Cut Off: 6:00PM
Racing Starts at 7:00 on Friday & 5:00 on Saturday
Advance Tickets: Available at both Casey's General Store locations, Neighborhood Grocery and Cenex Convenience Store
Friday Night Pricing: Adults: $15 | Kids (6-14 yrs): $8 | Family Pass: $40
Saturday Night Pricing: Adults: $20 | Kids (6-14yrs):$10 | Family Pass: $50
If You're Coming Early...(and we hope you are!)
Lining Up to Get in the Pits:
- Same system as previous years - Wilbur will be lining you up and keeping things in order.
- Prior to Thursday - line up outside the fairgrounds gate.
- Thursday morning haulers and trailers will be allowed on the fairgrounds and will be given pit entry numbers based on their arrival time.
- Pits will open at 10:00 AM Friday.
Camping on the fairgrounds:
- Camping is available.
- There are a good number of electric hookups, a few water hookups, but no RV sewer dump on the grounds.
- Camping is first come first serve, no reservations.
- Any CAMPFIRES MUST BE OFF THE GROUND, meaning you need to bring your own raised fire pit.
- Campers will be allowed in starting Wednesday morning.
Any race car parked on the grounds Thursday night will be charged a $10 security fee.
Special thanks to these local sponsors for helping present this special event: