(click here for all the details)
The most exciting weekend of motorsports in Jamestown is coming! The 45TH Annual Stock Car Stampede. This is the first year of a three day event format that kicks off Thursday night at 7:00 PM, featuring a full show for the Bombers, JR SlingShots and SR SlingShots. SlingShots are done after Thursday night but 15 Bomber drivers will be returning Saturday night for a new race we're calling the Jackrabbit Dash (details to follow!) Trophies for Thursday's Stampede Champions will be awarded Saturday Evening prior to Feature Races.
Friday Night Starts at 7:00 PM with heat races for the other 5 CLASSES. Consolation races and Feature races for those classes will be Saturday at 5:00. New this year on Saturday is a $500 to win Non-Qualifiers race for the IMCA Modifieds. The format is a little different this year than past years but the goal remains the same - we want a non-stop 'Stampede' of racing with good, hard, fast, clean racing, mixed with some camping, cookouts, and hanging with old friends. This is one event you want to be a part of!
250-300 drivers expected in these 8 classes:
Jamestown Speedway Pure Stocks (rules)
WISSOTA Street Stocks
WISSOTA Midwest Modifieds
WISSOTA Super Stocks
WISSOTA Late Models
Driver Calcutta Auction (Click Here for Registration Form)
This year the Calcutta Auction will be held in two parts - Bomber drivers will be auctioned in the main speedway grandstands beginning at 6:15 Thursday evening. Drivers in the other classes will be auctioned off in the beer gardens building just south of the grandstands following Thursday Evening's races. If you've never seen a Calcutta auction you'll want to check this out. A quick explanation of the Calcutta auction is drivers in each class are divided into pairs, then those pairs are auctioned off and bidders determine their value by how likely they are to win. Proceeds from the auction are split between the winning bidder, competitors in the class, and local charities.
Quick Facts About the Week & Weekend:
Draw Cut Off: 6:00PM Friday
Racing Starts at 7:00 on Friday (Grandstands Open at 3:00)
Racing Starts at 5:00 on Saturday (Grandstands Open at 2:00)
Advance Tickets: Available the week of the Stampede at Neighborhood Grocery and Cenex Convenience Store
Thursday Night Pricing: Adults: $5 | Kids (6-14 yrs): $5
Friday Night Pricing: Adults: $18 | Kids (6-14 yrs): $10 | Family Pass: $45
Saturday Night Pricing: Adults: $23 | Kids (6-14yrs):$10 | Family Pass: $55
What Else is Going On:
- FREE Breakfast Saturday morning at the fairgrounds.
- Dakota Motocross action Saturday & Sunday all day on the NW corner of the fairgrounds.
- Special Awards Ceremony honoring past and present participants.
Lining Up to Get in the Pits:
- Same system as previous years - Wilbur & his crew will be lining you up and keeping things in order.
- Haulers and race trailers will be given pit entry numbers in the order they arrive.
- Pits will open at 10:00 AM Friday.
Camping on the fairgrounds:
- Campers will be allowed in starting Wednesday afternoon at 5:00.
- Fee for Camping is $25 per night
- Showers will be available.
- Camping is first come first serve, no reservations.
- There are a good number of electric hookups, a few water hookups, but no RV sewer dump on the grounds.
- CAMPFIRES MUST BE OFF THE GROUND, meaning you need to bring your own raised fire pit if you want to have a campfire.
If you'd like a traditional campground with full hookups and reservations here are some options:
- Lakeside Marina Campground: 701-252-1183 (3 minutes from the track)
- Pelican Point: 701-252-1451 (10 minutes from the track)
- Jamestown Campground: 701-252-6262 (5 minutes from the track)
If you need a place to stay:
Super 8: 701-252-4715
Holiday Inn Express: 701-251-2131
Quality Inn: 701-252-3611
Hampton Inn: 701-952-6500
Comfort Inn: 701-252-7125
Bison Inn: 701-952-9800
My Place Inn: 855-200-5685
Two Rivers Inn: 701-252-0222
Days Inn: 701-251-9085
Jamestown Motel: 701-252-0471
Lakeview Resort: 701-252-5100