(Click the logo for detailed entry fee, payout, ticket info, etc.)
2015 Stock Car Stampede Sept 25th & 26th
The most exciting weekend of motorsports in Jamestown is here! The 44TH Annual Stock Car Stampede. This year's event follows the traditional format of heats for all 7 CLASSES on Friday beginning at 7:00 PM. Consolation races and Feature races will be Saturday at 5:00. Classes scheduled are noted below, the only difference this year is the Slingshots (age 7-13 division) have been added. The format and class structure for the Stock Car Stampede has proven successful in recent years and we're hoping this year is no different! The goal remains to have two days of good, hard, fast, clean racing, mixed with some camping, cookouts, and hanging with old friends. This is one event you want to be a part of!
250-300 drivers expected in these 7 classes:
Jamestown Speedway Pure Stocks (rules)
WISSOTA Street Stocks
WISSOTA Midwest Modifieds
WISSOTA Super Stocks
WISSOTA Late Models
Driver Calcutta Auction Thursday at 6:00 PM. (Click Here for Registration Form)
The event unofficially kicks off Thursday night at 6:00 PM with the Driver Calcutta Auction in the beer gardens building just south of the grandstands. If you've never seen a Calcutta auction you'll want to check this out. A quick explanation of the Calcutta auction is drivers in each class are divided into pairs, then those pairs are auctioned off and bidders determine their value by how likely they are to win. Proceeds from the auction are split between the winning bidder, competitors in the class, and local charities.
Quick Facts About the Week & Weekend:
Race Format: Heats for all classes on Friday. Consi's and Features on Saturday.
Pit Gate Opens: 10:00AM Friday
Draw Cut Off: 6:00PM
Racing Starts at 7:00 on Friday (Grandstands Open at 3:00)
Racing Starts at 5:00 on Saturday (Grandstands Open at 2:00)
Advance Tickets: Available the week of the Stampede at Neighborhood Grocery and Cenex Convenience Store
Friday Night Pricing: Adults: $18 | Kids (6-14 yrs): $10 | Family Pass: $45
Saturday Night Pricing: Adults: $23 | Kids (6-14yrs):$10 | Family Pass: $55
What Else is Going On:
- FREE Breakfast Saturday morning at the fairgrounds.
- Dakota Motocross action Saturday & Sunday all day on the NW corner of the fairgrounds.
- Buffalo City Karting Club races Saturday from 11:00-2:00 on the kart track just behind turn 4.
If You're Coming Early...(and we hope you are!)
Lining Up to Get in the Pits:
- Same system as previous years - Wilbur & his crew will be lining you up and keeping things in order.
- Haulers and race trailers will be given pit entry numbers in the order they arrive.
- Race cars parked on the grounds Thursday night will be charged a $10 security fee.
- Pits will open at 10:00 AM Friday.
- Any race car parked on the grounds Thursday night will be charged a $10 security fee.
Camping on the fairgrounds:
- Campers will be allowed in starting Wednesday afternoon at 5:00.
- Showers will be available.
- Camping is first come first serve, no reservations.
- There are a good number of electric hookups, a few water hookups, but no RV sewer dump on the grounds.
- Any CAMPFIRES MUST BE OFF THE GROUND, meaning you need to bring your own raised fire pit if you want to have a campfire.
- If you'd like a traditional campground with full hookups and reservations here are some options:
- Lakeside Marina Campground: 701-252-1183 (3 minutes from the track)
- Pelican Point: 701-252-1451 (10 minutes from the track)
- Jamestown Campground: 701-252-6262 (5 minutes from the track)
If you need a place to stay:
Super 8: 701-252-4715
Holiday Inn Express: 701-251-2131
Quality Inn: 701-252-3611
Hampton Inn: 701-952-6500
Comfort Inn: 701-252-7125
Bison Inn: 701-952-9800
My Place Inn: 855-200-5685
Two Rivers Inn: 701-252-0222
Days Inn: 701-251-9085
Jamestown Motel: 701-252-0471
Lakeview Resort: 701-252-5100
Remember how much fun it was last year: (Click Here to See Last Year's Winners)
Special thanks to these local sponsors for helping present this special event: