Racing action concluded last night for Night One of the 47th Annual Jamestown Stock Car Stampede. The racing action was intense on Friday night, as the drivers were using every inch of the speedway to try and punch their ticket to the big show on Saturday night. A huge thank you must go out to all of the Jamestown Speedway track workers and volunteers that worked so hard to get the track and grounds ready for racing after the heavy rain on Thursday. We also have to thank all of the drivers that showed up to participate in the Stampede and the fans that braved the cool, but beautiful weather last night. The track was beautiful and the car count was outstanding, as a total of 310 cars participated in 32 heat races on Friday night. Congratulations goes out to our heats winners on Friday night:
Bombers (Central Dakota Pure Stocks) - 33 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Clay Gentzkow, John Gartner Jr, Cory Rodin
INEX Legends - 28 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Drew Papke, Austin Wiest, Donavin Wiest
Wissota Midwest Modifieds - 48 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Preston Carr, Reise Stenberg, Kyle Langland, Randy Klein, Travis Traut
IMCA Sport Mods - 32 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Chad Strachen, Chris VanMil, Luke Krogh
Wissota Street Stocks - 48 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Jay Schlotfeldt, Matt Dosch, Jerry Lamb, Zach Frederick, Geoff Hellman
Wissota Super Stocks - 25 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Stewart Schipke, Shawn Wageman, Dave Mass
IMCA Modifieds - 55 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Trent Grager, Tracy Domagala, Dave Shipley, Casey Arneson, Dylan Goplen
Wissota Late Models - 25 Cars:
- Heat Winners: Brad Seng, Dustin Strand, Ricky Weiss
Jr./Sr. Slingshots - 16 Cars:
- Jr. Heat Winner: Keenan Glasser, Sr. Heat Winner: Jacoby Traut
For complete race results from Night One of the 47th Annual Jamestown Stock Car Stampede, please refer to the below link:
Please join us tomorrow night for Championship Night of the 47th Annual Jamestown Stock Car Stampede. The gates open at 2:00 pm and racing action begins at 5:00 pm with the consolidation and features races for all classes. Additionally, be sure to come early tomorrow for a variety of events on the Stutsman County Fairgrounds. Hope to see everyone in Jamestown on Saturday Night for Championship Night of the 47th Annual Jamestown Stock Car Stampede!!
Saturday Schedule on Stutsman County Fairgrounds & in Jamestown:
• First Assembly of God's free breakfast for racers and crews in the beer gardens, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Stampede Craft and Vendor Show , 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Wilhelm Chevrolet Buick GMC's annual 5K walk/run for Huntington's Disease and car show to follow, 8:00 a.m.
• Buffalo City Karting, 11:00 a.m.
• Dakota Motocross at the fairgrounds, 8:00 a.m.
• Grandstand opens for fans, 2:00 p.m. Tickets: $25 adults, $10 ages 6-14, $60 family.
• Stock Car Stampede championship night, 5:00 p.m. Consolation and feature races for all classes.